Wednesday 3 August 2011

My DC 52 Comic order


After days / hours of deliberation I have finally completed my pre-order for the new 52 DC comics line, having done so I thought I would share my reasons on why I have gone with the comics I have.
JLA – Having Geoff Johns and Jim Lee on this book is a major draw for me; add into the mix that I have been reading JLA in all its forms as long as I can remember, picking this book was a no brainer.
Justice League International - As I said I have read all forms of JLA books which included JLI or JLE as they became known at one pint, add to that my resent enjoyment of the JLI Generation Lost book and this was always going to make the list.
Justice League Dark – The one main draw for me on this book is John Constantine and Zatanna, so that’s two main draws for on this book me.
Batman, Nightwing, Batman & Robin, Detective Comics, Batman: The Dark Knight – I am a Batman nut so I will always buy Batman books, add writers with the quality of Scott Snyder, Peter Tomasi and Tony Daniel and I am Bat happy. I can even live with the fact that Dick Grayson is going back to been Nightwing, come on guys you didn’t think it would be forever did you?
Catwoman – I wasn’t sure on this one but with Judd Winick on board I thought I would give it a try.
Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Green Lanterns: New Guardians, Red Lanterns – put the name Lantern on a book and you have me hooked it’s as simple as that for me, however, I my draw the line if they bring out a Cosmopolitan Lantern magazine.
All-Star Western – No one does Hex better than Jimmy Palmiotti, and when you put Hex in Gotham it’s got to be a winner.
DC Universe Presents – Now I have been shouting out for more anthology comics in every forum and website that will listen, so if I don’t buy this one the comic goods will hunt me down.
Aquaman – Its Geoff Johns so need I say more.
Swamp Thing – This is not a book I would normally buy but with Scott Snyder at the helm, it’s another one to try.
Legion of Superheroes – Heard good things about this book, so I thought the re-launch was a good jumping on point to try it out.
I, Vampire - I’m a big fan of vampire books, comics and films apart from Twilight, so this one has me interested.
Action Comics – I am not a Superman fan I normally find him a very boring character, he has super strength, he can fly and he is virtually invulnerable. So I don’t usually find myself been gripped on what will happen to him as he will always survive (I know they all usually survive) however when I read the blurb about this book it had me hooked. If I'm totally honest they had me at Grant.
On the bench or possible digital download -Captain Atom, Blue Beetle, Batgirl, Savage Hawkman.
So that’s it my list is in and to be honest its more comics than I, my bank manager or more importantly my wife originally thought it would be, I’m not sure how many titles will survive past 3 issues only time and the quality of the story’s will tell. The one thing I do know is that it’s an exciting time to be a comics fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment